2016 promises to be a busy and significant year for the UK TV industry: new set-top boxes (Sky Q), new entrants, and new questions (where next for Amazon and Netflix?).
Sweeping across the latest developments in the pay TV, free-to-air TV, SVOD and wider online video markets, let Decipher lead you through the emerging UK TV landscape in this interactive, half-day session.
This session includes a live demonstration of Sky Q.
Who is it for?
Introductory / Intermediate
- Strategy and product development teams
- Market intelligence, insight and research teams
- Programme commissioners, planners, schedulers and catalogue managers
- Distribution and carriage teams
- Ad sales teams
- Legal and policy teams
- Digital content and second screen (or companion app) teams
Past attendees have included delegates from broadcasters, platforms, aggregators, content owners, film studios and production companies – both from the UK and abroad.
Content and outline structure
- What does the arrival of Sky Q, Sky's new "pay premium" service, mean for the UK TV landscape?
- How and why are the pay platforms seeking whole-home connectivity?
- As IP (delivery over internet networks) evolves across devices, what does this mean for broadcasters, platforms, and viewers?
- With the launch of Freeview Play, the next-generation Freeview service, where next for the free-to-air platforms?
- "Challenger" streaming devices (e.g. Apple TV) and services (e.g. Netflix and Amazon Instant Video): who, what and how disruptive?
Benefits to you
- Keep abreast of the latest industry research, from a variety of sources
- Get to grips with the latest strategic thinking from across the industry
- Tune in to Decipher’s latest thinking on the evolution of the UK TV landscape
- An opportunity to get “hands on” with the latest in TV, video and consumer technology
- A chance to meet and network with fellow professionals
Feedback from past attendees
“Thanks for your presentation - was very insightful and the team enjoyed it immensely.” TV platform
“Our attendees said the session was very informative and useful. It was interesting to have a neutral perspective on so many different platforms and their changing priorities.” Pay broadcaster
Price and related sessions
Upcoming London Dates: TBC
Upcoming Manchester Dates: TBC